Monday, May 31, 2021

3 new sketchbooks

 I started these sketchbooks a month ago and I gave up when I hit a snag in my thread and a nasty knot.  Yesterday, I tore it out and started again.  Before Christmas (when our stores were open), I stopped in to our local art supply shop and found a clearance sale on full sheets of Fluid 140 lb hot press paper.  I prefer a smooth hot press surface for pen, pencil crayons and watercolour. It is cellulose paper but I am happy to use it for every day.   The smaller landscape sketchbook is the left over off cuts from another sketchbook.  I did use a paper pad for the “book board” because I like to recycle and I used silver gift wrap from a gift I got from my hubby.  I bought the stickers from Redbubble because I like to put art on the outside too.  I haven’t got a sticker for the big red one yet.  The red and the black sketchbooks are unloved books that I was going to take to the charity shop but they are still closed here in Ontario.  I cut the text block out and replaced it with my own.  I used the kettle stitch to bind my signatures into a new text block. Phew done!






 



No comments:

Post a Comment