Friday, January 28, 2022

Abstract Landscape

This isn’t drawing but I thought I would post what I have been doing lately.  I joined a teabag exchange and I mailed this diptych abstract landscape out to its new home in the UK.  The requirement was that we have to a ”alter” two teabags.  I wanted to do some “slow stitching” by embroidering on this delicate substrate.  I don’t have a vast knowledge of embroidery stitches so most are what I call “stab stitch”; you know, put the needle down and pull it up! I did some French knots and attempted some bullion knots, then used a simple blanket stitch edge to them finish off.   It took a couple of days to figure out what to do with them.   I just didn’t want to send the loose in the mail.  What the heck would she do with them then!!?!  An idea came to me,  so I glued them down on some heavy watercolour/mixed media paper that I cut to 5 x 7”.  If she likes it enough she could pop it into a frame (or not). 
This is my first time doing something like this so I’m a little nervous about what she will think of it.  I look forward to receiving hers in my mailbox. 


No comments:

Post a Comment