Sunday, January 2, 2022

Self Portrait Sunday

Hello everyone, Happy New Year to all!! Here is hoping that 2022 will be better than the last two.  It’s been been a long while since I’ve drawn a selfie.  

This isn’t my favourite self portrait by any stretch but since I haven’t been practicing portraiture I’m okay with it!  In order to reduce fiddling endlessly, I decided to not use an eraser.  Then I realised I had made a rookie mistake, I had forgotten to leave a highlight in my eyes so I had to break my own rule. 

I used a cheap Papermate mechanical pencil .5mm (not a fan of it as an art making tool), paper stomp #1 and #4, and Tombow Mono Zero eraser. 

Done.  While drinking my first cup of coffee this morning, I was lamenting the fact that I didn’t really “feel” like drawing a selfie! Yay, I did it!!! I’m glad I got over myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment