Thursday, June 22, 2023

No mojo

It’s been a rocky road the last couple of weeks.  First, we had workmen here hammering and just disrupting my flow.  I had no desire to make any art.  Then I have been going to appointments that I had to put off due to my knee replacement surgery. 

It hasn’t been a very good experience so far but at least my issues are fixable.  My biggest concern is my eyesight. Wow! Thankfully I only need one good eye to be able to drive.  When you live 20 minutes from town that is an important distinction. 

My knee works fine but with the numbness and swelling it feels like I have a cement block around it.  I’ve been told that will likely be the case for quite some time (anywhere between 6 months to a year).  I finished the physio required by the hospital and will start next month physio as prescribed by the surgeon. My range of motion “bending” could be better so I look forward to getting back to physio next month. 

Happily Bertha got her snow tires off last week.  Due to the fact that she sat unused for 2 months, I had to get her rotors (brakes) machined to get the rust off.  Ugh! Then I had to buy new rubber because her old summer tires were considered bald. What a bummer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment