Monday, June 26, 2023

Soft pastels in my sketchbook

It rained cats and dogs all night then this afternoon it rained dinosaurs!! Good grief, I thought I lived in the great white north and not the tropics! 

Anyway… I like to check this sheep farm a few roads over from us to see if they have put the mamas out with the new lambs.  Instead, I was visited by 5 donkeys, the sheep amwere still in the back 40.  I dug out my sketchbook and my Derwent drawing pencils and got to work.  Today, I thought I would use a little used art supply to build up the colour.  I left the donkeys as is even though the one on the right could use some help!  I’ve decided that I will be taking my soft pastels with me for plein air painting.  I smooshed the pigment with water on my brush. I think it looks much better.  I wish I would have taken a before picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment