Sunday, November 12, 2023

Toast and Jam Tea

I’m the kind of person who doesn’t often think about composition when I start a drawing.  Then, I have to “figure it out”!  Ugh!  I looked at the box of tea and thought it needs something so I added a table, no that isn’t the answer so I added the tablecloth.  Still not satisfied,so I painted a wall in behind.  Still didn’t look right and I realised it needed the cup with tea in it.  If the cup looks suspiciously like a coffee mug, it is the smallest one I have.  It’s my favourite mug for tea, not too big, not too small; just right for me.  I drew it in with Neocolor II and didn’t like it so I got my gouache back out. 

I bought a box of Red Rose tea at the Sally Ann (60 bags) for $3.00CDN.  This box was 4X that!!   Clearly this was another impulse buy at the British store. But wow, how fun it is to have a cup when the smell and taste match up!  Toast and Jam! Yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment