Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to the Basics


I have been negligent of late with posting and I am so disappointed that I have not had much time for making any kind of art. The other day I felt the compulsion to do "something", anything! So, I got out a piece of paper and my favourite woodless 2B pencil and drew a face that I found in an old magazine. I took the page and scanned it into my computer. I do love the free Canon printer that I got with my new Macbook. I uploaded the drawing to my Facebook page but it lacked depth and her facial features were not visible. So I have tweaked it slightly using the enhance button in iPhoto to see how it will look here.

I should be outside, you know it, I'm here! I wish I didn't love the internet so much. To that end I started a quick painting yesterday. I thought that I could finish it but I should have known better. It is a painting that I needed to get my mind back into a creative mode, it is an exercise to limber me up and awaken my creative spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment