Monday, August 31, 2009

On vacation


We just returned home from a weekend up in Bracebridge, Ontario (what a nice downtown!) and I actually got time to do a drawing. Since I had already experimented with the female face I chose a photo of a male face. There aare some things that I'm not that thrilled about the drawing, however I have learned that I need to use quality paper only when drawing; large or small. I couldn't erase what I wanted to change because of the poor quality of the paper that I brought with me.

The next thing that is certainly a learning experience is how to manipulate the picture so that it will show the best on the computer screen. That is the tricky part, scanning the picture, cropping and otherwise enhancing the picture so that it looks good on-line. I think the original drawing is much better than what you see here but this is as good as I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment