Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Thrill of Memory!


I'm not exactly sure what it is about it but I can't seem to help myself; I always feel compelled to buy this gum wherever I see it!! I know that it is a childhood thing. It isn't that it was my favourite gum because it did taste like soap! Having said that it is a fond memory. From what I understand, it is the strong taste that in fact brings back our memories (the good and the bad). Taste and smells are forever imprinted in our brains.

One thing that I notice about the the gum is how little the package has changed. However, I don't recall that the colour of the gum itself was quite this dark, not quite this "dioxazine" purple as I would think of it today. I believe that the gum actually did look more like the picture on the front. Is there a reason for the more saturated colour? Is it a marketing ploy for the current generation? Or, is it because my memory is not as accurate as it once was? One thing that I do know for certain is that it tastes the same!!!! What fun!

I just realised that I have to flip my calender over! Oh my, where has the summer gone? I don't feel that I have had a real opportunity to enjoy it this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment