Sunday, September 13, 2009

I went for a walk today and finally had the guts to go up to the abandoned house that is at the end of my concession. Whoever the people were who lived there they left the end of May or so! I use to wave at the woman who would mow the lawn. I am stoked because I finally had the guts to go up and take pictures of the house.

I love the shape of the spindles on the roof of the barn. I don't know what they are actually called but they are visually interesting.

It really is sad that someone would walk away from the house and strange that there is no "for sale" sign although there has not been anyone living there for many months.

I brings to mind all of the exploring that I use to do as a kid. Some of it was just in my "minds eye" but it was always fun. Today was exciting to say the least. I had not antiipated that I would ever see an abandoned house that
is in the early stages of decay. I will have to keep an eye on it to see what kind of damage occurs as it deteriorates.

It really is a good house and it will make me sad to see it go. The barn has stood for many a year as well. I wonder how long it will take before it too goes by the way of the rural mailbox?





No comments:

Post a Comment