Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Travelling again

I am leaving today for Kemptville Ontario to stay with a friend there, then we will be making our way to Ottawa to meet three other friends (one of whom is coming from B.C.). It should be fun as always, this is my newest "annual trek" to Ottawa.


I'm looking forward to taking some photo's with my new camera. It is a Nikon CoolPix P90. It can still be used like a "point and shoot" camera but has many more really neat functions. I especially wanted the great zoom feature. I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of images that I can capture. Unfortunately, the long range forcast is rain in Ottawa so that might put a damper on my picture taking but I might try to see if I can get anything interesting nevertheless.

I am hoping that I can load up the car in between rain showers. I'm not fond of driving in the rain because everything appears to be just so "dull". I always take the long way just so I can see something interesting and check out any possible photo taking spots.

In addition, I am planing to stop off at Mrs. McGarrigle's store in Merrickville. It is a lovely little village and I love making my purchases from the "independant" store owner.

This photo that I am posting is one that I took the other day on my walk. As is now my habit, I carry a camera with me. It is surprising just what you might see that sparks an idea of how a photography might turn out. was lucky to get this snap because she decided to roll under the head of the flower and virtually disappeared. I grabbed the snap and continued on my walk.








And ....





This photo was taken when I was on my way back home and I then stumbled upon these wild turkey's while walking by a laneway on my concession. I had not expected to see them and only caught a glimpse of something moving out of the corner of my eye. It actually frightened me at first until I realised what they where. Usually I don't see them until winter when the snow is on the ground. They like to eat the seed from the bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment