Friday, September 25, 2009

Packing Again



Visting my friend in Kemptville Ontario and the drive here on Wednesday was brutal! For close to 50 kms, the rain was pelting down so hard I couldn't see the road and my wipers couldn't clear the windshield. Abruptly, I came up to the back end of a vehicle that did not have lights on and was going 30 kms below the speed limit! What a donkey!

My friend and I had a good time shopping yesterday in the States (yup had to pay $39 worth of duty)! I picked up lots of stuff that we can't get at home!

When I first arrived here my friend hadn't yet returned from a meeting in Toronto so I had a couple of hours to kill so I drew a picture of a paper Tim's cup. I can't believe that I have never tried to draw that particular "still life" before! Especially since I do drink gallons of the stuff. Odd that there are times where I don't see the obvious. Yesterday, I had time to quickly draw a glass because I thought the square shape was interesting (and yes extremely appropriate) since I had consume way too much the night before. This is my second attempt at drawing glass, I think the drawing might have looked better if I had put some liquid in the glass.

We will be leaving here sometime today and heading into Ottawa (40 minute drive) to stay for the weekend at the Best Western. Since we are meeting up with three other friends (one from B.C.) tonight for dinner. It has been a fun trip so far! However, I will bring my drawing utensils but I doubt that I will have time to draw anything with four of us in the hotel room. That being said, I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment