Friday, October 9, 2009

The Epitome of a Donkey


Fall has officially arrived with the frost warning last week; all of the fleshy veggies had to be brought indoors. I thought that I would try my hand at capturing the essence of the beefsteak.

When I was in Ottawa, I made an art purchase and bought myself a new Lamy pen. I haven't had the guts to try it out yet, I'm still a bit shy about my drawing abilities in pencil. I want to keep trying the pencil medium before I move on to something else. I think that pen is an extension of the pencil and I shouldn't be overly concerned about the trial and error process that ultimately occurs.







My hubby and I are angry! We hate it when uncaring people throw their garbage, especially when it is on our concession, because they are too cheap to pay the fee at the dump. These midnight mauraders continue to dump a short distance from our house. Earlier this summer it was garden hoses and plastic containers and such like. Now it is this cheap freezer and to add further insult, they left a pop can too. However, their bad behaviour will in fact be rewarded since I will e-mail the township and have them remove the thing. It seems that this pattern of behaviour is not specific to my area and seems to be prevelant elsewhere. I read a letter to the editor in the local newspaper and the writer was complaining of the same thing. She even said that she was going to go through the garbage bags and if she found a name she would deposit the garbage back on their lawn. So right. I hate numpties and donkey's alike especially when they are dressed up as human beings. I think they need to be spanked like little children and made to pick up after themselves. Okay I feel better, my rant is over.

Right now I'm listening to Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) sing with Emmy Lou Harris, they make a good duo. I'm not much of a country buff but "Red Staggerwing" is quick paced and toe tapping. In the car this last little while, I've been carrying my iPod along and listening to podcasts: Classic Tales, Sherlock Holmes, and other tales of horror. Such fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment