Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Splendor



I am so happy that the weather has been so much better these last few days because it makes me appreciate the beauty of fall! I can never get bored with the sights that surround us! Nature continues to astound me. I often filter what I see into what could make a picture worth taking and a picture worth painting. Of course, if I actually had the time to paint. I am only whining a little bit here. Really, I am the author of my own busy schedule and need to take ownership for my lack of leisure time.





That is one reason why I love photograpy and at my simplistic level. I love my new camera because it is still a point and shoot and I love taking "snaps". I make an attempt to "frame" the subject matter to the best of my ability while "out and about" or "in the field". Of course, I have the use of iPhoto later at home to improve upon the orignal. I have only forgotten a few times to duplicate the photo first before manipulating it through the software because sometimes I do overwork the modification process and the photo is not quite so pleasing to my eye. Sometimes it isn't all that much that can take a great photo and make it into a photo that is obviously overdone. It is quite possible that this is a personal critique only since the the viewer will not know what the original photo looked like in the first place.

I like these two because I did not manipulate in any way, I like them just the way I snapped them the other day! I am so glad that the weather has been so compliant these days. I love fall but I hate the rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment