Friday, October 30, 2009

All Hallows Eve







I have to work tomorrow, some time ago I had prepared some photo's I had taken earlier. Using iPhoto, I touched them up a bit to make them black and white. Although they were actually taken during the summer, I think they are suitable for the season. Just a little bit spooky.

I love my little cemetery at the corner and often walk through and look at the names of the people who had once lived in the area. I wonder what their lives had been like. What would it have been like to be a woman in the early 1900's.





Really though, I thought of doing this because I really enjoyed listening to Neil Gaiman's book, The Graveyard Book on his website. It is a fun and not really spooky story. Really it was written for children and won a prize for this genre. I just like Neil's writing so mjch and enjoyed listening to his voice on the video. It was great listening to the story in its entirety. I urge you to take the opportunity on a dark and dreary day to spend a few minutes and listen to each chapter. Go to Neil's website at www.neilgaiman.com

I have read other books by Neil and have enjoyed them imensely and my favourite is "Neverwhere".







No comments:

Post a Comment