Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Giving Thanks


I have had to throw out my oldest pair of walking shoes into the garbage can. When I was taking out the laces they looked so very furlorn and naked that I had to take a picture and "say goodbye" to a pair of "old friends". They have done me well and I have worn them summer and winter. I'm the sort that would wear them even now if the instep didn't push up into my foot making walking very uncomfortable.






The weather was a bit frosty this Thanksgiving weekend but no complaints from my quarter. My hubby was able to attend a meeting of the Oro Rate Payers Association and found out that the township has had to pay upwards of $260,000 per year to pick up garbage that is thrown on to the side of the road. This amount is up substantially from 2006 when the cost borne by the tax-payer was only $43,000. This dumping problem has been created from the garbage bag limit here and from the neighbouring city of Barrie. People don't want to have to pay to get their junk removed. I don't really think that this is so unexpected really since we live in a world whereby everyone wants "something for nothing". I must move on or I will get stuck on this issue and I really shouldn't go there.


My daughter came home for thanksgiving so I got to go for a nice walk with her in the east end of the city. I had an opportunity to take some pictures. Have I said how much I love to take pictures!!





No comments:

Post a Comment