Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Small ArtWork


I did this piece some time ago and was happy to see that I had actually taken a picture of it because often I forget and give the piece away without doing so. This was a fun piece that began life on a piece of cardboard. Then I painted on two canvas board pieces and using some silicone glued the pieces on to the painted canvas "frame". This was a second attempt at doing this particular "style" but I don't have a picture of the last painting.

Just in case you are wondering, I didn't use acrylic paint for this painting which I think was 8" x 16" and using 4" x 6" canvas boards for the actual picture. I have a small collection of nail polish that I used. I truly did enjoy doing this piece except for the smell; very toxic! I used paint as a "primer" only so that the polish would adhere to it without much problem. It took some time to dry and it took what seemed like forever for the smell to disappear. I would only do small works because the brush that comes with the bottle is only meant for nails and therefore virtually useless. It means that your art must be constrained and limited to something small. It was an experiment and I did have fun so I think that it was indeed a success.

It is a fun piece and even now when I post this, it still makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment