Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Senseless Rose




I was just over at a friend's new blog that she created and plans to use to keep in touch with her "City and Guilds" teacher. Very cool but currently it is locked and viewing is by invitation only. That reminded me that I have not posted for this month yet!



So much to do these days and so little time for art. I did take a few minutes to do a quick sketch of a rose from the banquet that my hubby gave to me for our 30th wedding anniversay on October 27th. I was dissapp0inted once again that they had no scent!! When did it happen? I'm racking my brain as to the last time I have sniffed a store bought rose! I do so wish that we could get roses that have their scent intact, hybrids are lovely but the whole point to the regal flower is their scent. So that is what I miss most and now I have to say that the "rose" is no longer my most favourite flower. It just seems so senseless! However, I must admit that I absolutely love the "wild" roses out back of our property. I'm sure that once upon a time they were domestic and pruned carefully for a by-gone farmer's wife but today they are left to their own devices. I so enjoy their scent!

No comments:

Post a Comment