Friday, November 6, 2009

In the eye of the beholder




One of the girls at work gave me a orange hibiscus for my birthday two years ago. Right now it has 6 fully opened saucer-sized flowers on it. My hubby wanted to put it in the ground this summer and I said no, that I love the colour indoors, especially in the winter time! Today especially since....

I just can't believe that there is white stuff on the ground this morning, it is only a dusting and will be gone by late morning I expect. I bought a new coat last week so I am prepared! I had to laugh at myself since I seem to be governed by colour, I made the purchase because the coat looked warm, had a hood, it can be washed or dry cleaned; mostly I bought it because it was purple.




I have a greater appreciation for the old adage, in the eye of the beholder. When I started this little drawing, I had thought I was drawing a pomegranate, when I finished I thought it looked more like an onion! The drawing of it on the dictionary on the net shows the fruit at a slightly different angle and therefore just a bit easier to anyone to see the cues as to its essence. I enjoyed the opportunity to do a small drawing so I will stop complaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment