Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Expensive things for the cheap at heart


I bought myself a Moleskin notebook and thought that I'd best begin using it. Now I realise that the pages are not really conducive to drawing but my desire to own one superceded the actual design of the book. Yes, there are many types to choose from, it seems that I opted for the orangey-red colour without understanding that it is designed to be written on and not much else. However, having said that, I am going to use it as intended anyway, at least for now. It is mostly due to the expense of it. I see that many "artists" use this format to get their sketches down on paper but the price is excessive to say the least. Bottom line here is that I had "Moleskin" envy!!!

I just bought another expensive item, a Clinique lipstick! Of course, there was a "sale" or rather a free gift with purchase so I was able to justify buying it as well. When will it ever stop????

It is interesting how my focus on the object scewed the result. The cyclinder of the tube looks too cone-shaped for me after I finished it. I'm not sure that I captured the idea of textured "metal" here but I am definitely not happy with the smooth glossy finish on the top portion of the tube. I guess that is why the old adage applies, "practice, practice, practice".

One thing that I must say is that I did enjoy the process of trying to get the image to appear as if it was a thing that could be real. It certainly is identifiable although the perspective is slightly off. I seem to have some "issues" with perspective that I need to keep a handle on. However, I think I just need more time drawing as I have stated above.

No comments:

Post a Comment