Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pencil Drawing


Some friends of mine mentioned that I should keep practicing drawing the human face. Although it is one of the most challenging aspects of drawing, it really is an enjoyable exercise. The challenge is to make the face recognisable if you are drawing someone you know! I have not been able to achieve this as of yet! However, since I am mostly self-taught (for the most part - I have had only one drawing class at the local college!), I am happy with the results so far. This face is the forth face that I have done so far. I don't like the flaws that have shown up in the picture here but they are in the original pencil drawing. Since things can't be helped it would seem!

It never seems to amaze me how busy our lives are and how time ticks by us so quickly! I really must endeavour to produce more drawings and other art forms that I enjoy.

Having said that, the next 6 months or so will be extremely busy and I really shouldn't be spending time doing leisure arts. However, when I don't I can feel myself getting antsy and even at times grumpy because I have not had that creative outlet. Art therapy so to speak!

The photo here is not the best but you get the general idea! I think that the real thing is always better than what can be seen using this medium.

Now I'd like to do
another test! I want to see if I can add another picture here and see if I can position it in a certain way. So here goes!! Yes, I was able to get this on and put it "almost" where I wanted it. Very good! I have attempted to manover it even more but without much success. It seems blogger wants to have a few words above the picture whether I want it there or not.



Well, I am shocked about how much time that I have been on the internet this afternoon (have I said just how much I love the internet!!!). I shouldn't complain really since this is my first day off and I don't really accomplish much anyhow.




No comments:

Post a Comment