Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trial and Error


Not completely satisfied with what I was able to accomplish yesterday; I still have lots to learn! However, I am still excited by the prospect! I'm trying to post a picture of my offering made as part of the Marmalade Fibre Arts group challenge.

It may not be obvious to everyone, this is my rendition of an abstract landscape. It is a picture of a setting sun overtop of a mountain with a ruby red cloud; the purple sky is dotted with stars overlooking lush farmers fields. Most of this project is recycled: the mountain is made from painted and ironed bubble wrap, the sky is a recycled dryer sheet, and the sun is from a spacer used from a CD container. The fields were created using recycled mens silk ties.

The cloud was not made from recycled materials; it was fun to knit the thread on skinny needles and then have a use for it. I also embellished the landscape with beads and sequins. It was a fun project to do.

This was a challenge from 2008 and it took our group almost a year to complete since I believe that we had ten participants. I challenge the other members of our group to use recycled materials. I called it my Reclamation project.

So here is my first attempt at posting a picture of a piece of art. I want to see how it looks on the blog before I invite other members of our group to join me here.

1 comment:

  1. Very attractive. I'd better get busy and polish up my blog!

    ReplyDelete