Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mixed Media Fibre Art Card

I made a fibre art card last month for a friend's birthday, that day has come and gone so I thought that I would display it here.



I have been enjoying myself very much making these small art pieces.  I used:

  • glass beads
  • recycled onion bag netting (painted)
  • sequins
  • metal sewing notions - black and silver snaps
  • embroidery floss
  • cheesecloth
  • acrylic paint
  • molding paste texture medium
  • purchased embellishment
  • Strathmore watercolour postcard
I didn't really have a "plan" per se and it just could be that is why I like it so much.  I could have made it so much more but really I like the simplicity of it just as it is.

I am really glad that I choose to join the international postcard swap in January of this year as it has taught me to work smaller and to experiment with these small art pieces.  


No comments:

Post a Comment