Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring walk

It is Easter time already and we will be packing to head down to Toronto to see the family.  Very nice!  It is a very fine sunny day so driving will be easy and I think that many will be coming north and we will be heading into the city so traffic should be less hectic than weekday.

I had a wonderful walk yesterday although it was really cold.  The sun was shining but the wind was brisk.  Luckily, I was wearing the appropriate attire; often I am not and find the walk miserable.

I as always I brought my trusty camera with me and got a few good snaps.  I think this one of the crows is the best of the lot though.



It is a bit surreal in its minimalism.  I did however enhance the colour since the current spring time colour around here is beige and brown.  Spring is sprung but the farmers crops are not peeking out of the ground quite yet.

I read a blog and the author puts up pictures in her "noticing journal" and I totally get where she is coming from.  I call noticing my surroundings, consciously looking.  It is amazing what you will see when you are consciously looking around you to see what there is.  At first there seems like there is nothing new to see.  I walk several different paths but really there is not much different on any given day but if I actually look....sometimes there is a lot.  For instance, these three birds that I caught in flight.  They had just landed in the field and I had to wave my arms and whistle at them to get them to move once more so I could take this snap.  It wasn't where I wanted to grab the picture but where I could since I only carry my point-and-shoot with me on my walks.


I rushed into town yesterday to buy the ham and I'm glad that I did since they had lots of hams that were smaller than the two that they had the day before.  I got one that was a reasonable size and popped it in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment