Monday, April 22, 2013

A Blank Canvas

Oh boy!  What to do!!  I just never even thought about how small a 4 X 4 canvas really is!  I always find that a blank canvas is kind of daunting for me.  I think I am going to have to throw on some colour to get over that.  I might try some of my pan pastels for now.   Just not too sure what I am going to do; what medium I am going to chose.  I would like to do something interesting so I think I should stick with my felting/beading mix.  Regardless of my choice; I have until August 30th to submit but really I need to get this done sooner rather than later.


The people from the Sketchbook Project have very clear rules:  no glitter or glue and nothing that will "fall off" as they sort them I guess.  They are concerned about damage to other participants art work.

I participated in several other The Sketchbook Projects and I received a letter some time ago for the "50 Things" project.  This project swap was about writing down 50 things that we plan on doing in the coming year.  I received mine from a very nice lady in Alabama (I originally thought it was Alaska until I checked this morning!).  She had been disappointed with the 50 Things list she had received and appreciated my e-mail and the fact that I included my own.  We had many areas in common it seems!  So that was a very cool project and I hope that this one will be too.

My new friend has received her blank canvas as well and was wondering what I was doing with mine. Nope not a clue yet, still pondering!

Oh, that blank canvas is staring at me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment