Thursday, November 3, 2016

Creating a story board collage

Trying something new.....I thought of doing a story collage.  I just saw Tammy's post on the November writing challenge. This had not been my original intent but since we are visiting family, I have limited supplies.  I used my granddaughter's construction paper-clearly Halloween leftovers- and cut out some bird shapes, then a little girl shape. I moved the pieces around to figure out a story and drew some music 🎶 to indicate that the little girl was singing.  At first it was looking like a scary movie so I made it a sunny day instead. I found some washi tape and sticky tape for grass. The reinforcements were painted up some time ago so I glued them in place to represent flowers. 

As the story goes... once upon a time there was a little girl who had a golden voice. She loved singing while walking in the fields full of wild flowers. All kinds of birds would come just to hear her wonderful melodies. Then each bird would sing her songs.  The birds loved this little girl; she didn't realise her singing was magical. 

Now I am wondering what story my granddaughter might come up with. 

I have glued these in my sketchbook now but I could have left them and created more backgrounds to create more stories.  

Thought I'd post in case anyone is interested in using this as part of their creative art process with story writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment