Monday, May 15, 2017

No prompt- I drive by this often but today I had some time to spare so I pulled over to draw it. It is well in the driveway of a restoration business so I had to ask if it was okay to draw it.  


The owner wasn't really happy that I asked if I could draw this car.  He wanted to know what I was going to do with it....."Well, put it in my sketchbook!  I just want to draw it"!   What else could I say; I've never been asked that question before. 


The driveway was a bit steep so I had to stand; I'm not really comfortable drawing while standing but it is what it is. So this is my first vintage car of the summer season.


1955 Cadillac Coupe deVille,  OD: 20,052 miles with power windows and air conditioning. 


I painted it at home because the black flies were hungry and dive bombing me!  Truly...they could be named Ontario s provincial "bird". 



No comments:

Post a Comment