Saturday, December 30, 2017

I drew a fishing boat from a photo I took that I saw in Newfoundland (it might have been at Quidi Vidi Lake - St Johns NFLD) when we were there in 2013.  Our whole family will be heading there this summer for a holiday.  I have been surfing on AirBnb to find suitable accommodation.  We used AirBnB the last time and it was great so giving it a go again. 


So... the reason for this quick representation in my sketchbook!  This boat doesn't appear to be used as used as a full fledged "fishing" boat in the business sense but as a recreational boat! However I could be wrong since we were there off season (for tourists and fishing).


Can't wait to see my granddaughter kiss a COD(fish) in order to get "screetched in" - how we become honorary Newfoundlanders or as we would say - Newfies! 


I'm still singing "I's the by that builds the boat and I's the by that sails her and I's the by that catches the fish and takes 'em home to 'Lizer!"


It is -17C now and with the windchill -26C going down to -22C overnight (I'm not bothering to check the windchill) so I needed something fun to think about! 



No comments:

Post a Comment