Tuesday, March 20, 2018

I’m a “directly in with pen” sort so I can see my errors but come what may....I drew a face today! I used a veggie sack as a stencil for my background with StazOn ink. #30faces30days




Thanks to Teddy from Sktchy for inspiring Chapter 3 -The Mysterious Staircase.  I definitely need to keep the story going.                                       Previously painted acrylic ink background in Stillman Birn Epsilon sketchbook. Watercolour galaxy/world, stars created with Kuretake Starry Colors that I received as a unexpected surprise from my friend Marta Reily. .                           

The story......                                                             The little girl wanted to take another walk up the circular staircase even though she had been frightened the day before.  Her grandmother could not dissuade her determined granddaughter; so she relented. “I’ll wait for you at the bottom of the stairs. Don’t be long” she said, kissing the little girl on the cheek.  The little girl tentatively stepped up the stairs hugging the wall and averting her gaze as she passed the first window.  She sensed that the window was aware of her passing.  When she approached the next window she saw it was round like a portal she thought.  When she got closer she saw a world spinning in the sky outside with thousands maybe even millions of golden twinkling stars.  She was in awe and wondered if it was possible to have another little girl looking through a window at Earth.  The little girl spent sometime wondering until she heard her grandmother calling her name from below. When she descended she could feel the little hairs on the back of her neck quivering as she stepped past the first window. #mysterious_staircase





No comments:

Post a Comment