Sunday, March 4, 2018

Something dark but not for today

I had some time free late this afternoon and I knew my hubby would be watching the Nascar race so I stopped in to draw this house.  My first visit since our friends who lived here passed  four years ago.  They lived very close by and usually if I have to go somewhere that is near there I chose an alternate route.  So sad to see the deterioration of this house that had been so filled with life.  Those vines use to be so awesome before the house has been boarded up.  I’ve never been in the front door, we always went around back.  While drawing, I thought if all the fun times: dinners, weddings, barbecues, horseshoe tournaments, weekend parties and the annual Christmas tree killing party.  I’ll have to make a “tip in” so I can write up how I felt.  Too creepy to go back to the barn (maybe next time).  Colour will have to get added on another day. I went in a different direction for the concept of “dark”!  #30pages30days






I used this layered painting of Brooks as part of the Sktchy #30faces30days challenge 




I used a previously prepared page that I had glued my parking lot stub and a vintage book page then slapped some gesso over top.  Dog drawn with my Pentel brush pen and gouache with Staz-on ink pounced through sequin waste ribbon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment