Thursday, August 30, 2018

New Palette and Sketchbook

This is what I have been working on. This is yesterdays page and it took a few days of labour before I got to the drawing bit.


This is the last page of my current hand bound sketchbook- Strathmore 500 series Aquarius II watercolour paper.  The one I bound this morning is hardcover!! 


I’m cheating using the beading cord because the thread isn’t readily available for me.  And of course I use duct tape on the spine to hide my threads (pamphlet stitch) or in this case waxed cord. 


I was happy to find the magnetic sheet I needed to pop into this business card holder. I sprayed painted the inside lid with enamel in the hopes it will work as a mini mixing surface.  I don’t do much paint mixing when I carry these little travel palettes.  So.... the reason why I like to carry different colours; I like options without mixing.





No comments:

Post a Comment