Monday, August 13, 2018

The Distillery District

My hubby has been away canoeing in northern Ontario and I have been staying with the family in the big city.


Today I visited The Distillery District of historic Toronto.  The area was derelict but has now been revived into a vibrant cultural hub. It isn’t JUST about alcohol these days although it is well featured; it is about art in many forms.  Today was no different.  When I first arrived it was fairly quiet and I had no trouble getting myself situated.  However the temperature rose (28C) in the 75 minutes that I spent drawing and painting.  Pen only so many mistakes made but I’m good with it just as it is! 


The focal piece here was created by artist/sculptor Micheal Christian (who received fame and acclaim from this work when it was displayed in the “Burning Man” in Nevada!)  This 40 ft structure has been called “IT” with it’s bulbous head and was made from 10,000 lbs of steel! 





No comments:

Post a Comment