Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sunrise over a frozen lake

We live in the country a few kilometres (5 minutes by car) from Lake Simcoe in central Ontario.  In my past life I worked shifts and would stop off at the lake to see the sunrise.  I took a few of these photos and compiled them into two little paintings.  They are just studies for potential larger paintings.  I had these cheap 5 X 7 watercolour sheets taped off for another project but used them for this shell pink exercise. Thanks Mary Coffey for the great lesson on clouds.  I’ll be watching it again before I create another painting.  

My road eventually leads to the lake with a large bush area in between.  This is the public access area where people going ice fishing can leave their cars.  Snow is never exactly white even under the mid-afternoon sun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment