Sunday, July 16, 2023

Acetate stencil

I was watching a tutorial and the artist had a large circle stencil and I had a thought!!! I have a hot plate trivet that I already use on my gel plate.  Hmmmm…I wonder if I can make a stencil with it and with a piece of acetate?  I have a box of acetate that I bought many years ago at a charity shop.  So I did.

The trivet has the pink paint circles on it,  the acetate stencil is in gold.  I used the circle cut outs as masks and then laid them out on the paper above the sketchbook now that they have had paint on them from the gel plate (makes them easier to see!). The black circles under the gold are on a piece of acetate prior to cutting with an exacto blade. 
It made for a messy page in my sketchbook but I just wanted to document that I made my first full size stencil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment