Friday, July 21, 2023

Pelee Island ferry

Yesterday we took the ferry to Pelee Island and ate some fish tacos at the Dog and Goat Bar just before the rains came.  Then we had wine tasting at the Pelee Island Winery. It was very delicious and I hadn’t realized that I have tried many of their wines already.  The only one I haven’t was the ice wine (because I’m just too cheap to buy it). 

Here we are on our way home waiting for the ferry.  It was a beautiful evening and this woman had the right idea!  I think she has definitely done this before! 

There are 300 inhabitants on the island, it balloons to 1500 come summer.  We saw the tiny elementary school that has 3 teachers.  The school bus was parked next door where I assumed the driver lives. I wonder how people live here especially in the winter when the ferry stops operation in December.  I don’t think island life would be easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment