Monday, July 26, 2010

Pears


I am taking a drawing course down at Curry's art supply in town and I really should be doing my homework since it will require many many hours of work before the next class on Thursday night. But as always, I am a dilly dally sort of person and have been drawing fruit.





I find that there are times when the camera "does not lie" and I can see lots of errors in my drawings. It is a good to use the critical "lens" of the camera if you don't have anyone to critique your work. So yes, I can see the flaws in these little drawings but I'm putting them "out there" anyway.

Actually these two little drawings are from my Moleskin sketchbook because I know that I should to draw each and every day in order to improve my skill and technique. However, I did cheat on these and I used "shavings" from my pencil to darken the background. My drawing instructor thinks that is the lazy way since it is NOT actual "drawing" but smearing graphite on to a page with a stomp. He says 80 percent drawing and 20 percent stomping! I will try!

I will see if I can post his link here so you can check out how great he is: www.marktumber.com

No comments:

Post a Comment