Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday is drawing class night


The cherries this year are absolutely fantastic, nice and sweet! I was only able to find two bunches of black cherries that were still joined. I drew them and then re-worked them (read edit) but although I am not totally satisfied, here they are. Using a camera is sometimes very good since it is a truly an objective "critic".

Thought that I would post some "tools of the trade" so to speak. These are things that I never thought that I would ever use. Obviously, the instructor likes us to use European drawing materials. I have read on the internet that they have softer leads with higher pigmentation. I certainly understand the softer lead thing since I have used over an inch of my 2B pencil for this weeks homework project. I never ever thought I would use the sandpaper block but what a useful tool it is!

I am amazed at how much information is available on the internet about drawing but then again there is lots that isn't explained. I learn better with actual instruction and then applying what has been learned in the homework assignment.

Well done Mark! Go see his amazing art at his website www.marktumber.com


I have to say that although last week I was disappointed with my drawing efforts, I am looking forward to tonight. I seem to be having some difficulties with the "live model". I have to say that I had had a very busy day last week and was a bit tired. I hate to lay to blame elsewhere but I do have to say that the environment is really not conducive to drawing. The perspective is all off for me; she was standing directly in front of me but was standing on the table which make her way above my head. Nothing I drew was any good, I hope that it was just an "off" night that will not be repeated again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment