Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Drawing Challenges


I have to get my picture finished today in preparation for lots of chores to do in town tomorrow. Then art class!

This latest homework assignment has been difficult. Our instructor said that it would be the most fun of all his assignments this far. That may be so but it is also the most difficult. I have to put in all of the skin lines and hair (eyelashes) and such today.

I will try and post my final pic along with the instructors critique. I find that since I am looking at it now, I see many mistakes. I think that I might do my next drawing exactly the way the instructor does; piece by piece. He draws in segments and fills in the "colour" in segments like fitting a puzzle together. I have been working "all over the place" and I think that I am doing myself a dis-service because when I do find a mistake then it is often just too difficult to correct. I just can't force myself to erase all the work that I have done and start over. Well, maybe that is exactly what I should have done; started over. No matter, I don't have the time for that and so this effort will have to suffice in its current state; warts and all.




Then later today I have to pack up for the weekend at our trailer in Bracebridge. From there, I am going directly to Huntsville for a conference. Only saving grace is that it is only 33 kms from where I'll be at the camp and only and hour and a bit back home! The conference is finished on Thursday and I'll be heading home southbound so there shouldn't be an issue with the northbound tourist traffic!


No comments:

Post a Comment