Friday, August 13, 2010

It is not always about drawing!!!

I love the abstract nature of this snap! I stopped at a little parkette that I have driven by on many an occasion. It is right beside Camp Hillbilly!!! (seeing this name always makes me chuckle). I decided to stop yesterday on my way home from Deerhurst Resort. It was great because it was so cool and shady on such a hot day. I love how the lily pads are strong and clear in the foreground and the background is all blurry because it is the reflection of the trees in the water. No, I will never be Monet (I think he was the famous artist that painted the lily pads). I like the way it has percolated my creative thoughts. It makes me feel all bubbly with what if I did that or this or the other. Unfortunately, I have no time to do right now! But no complaints!




I had to take a snap of this little flower (weed)! It was the only touch of red in the whole park! It immediately caught my eye! No wonder! I'm sure that colour theory was modelled from nature.

Okay, so here is my portrait project so far! As you can see the bottom half is clearly different from the top half (hmm where have I heard that before??!!). My instructor said that my top half was too light so I drew the bottom half completely in 2B other than the mapping in which I did using an H lead. I had hoped to have time to blend the two drawings together so they actually looked like they "belonged" to the same face and without the line in the centre. That obviously didn't happen!

I was at a conference so I didn't spend as much time "checking" my work using my camera as my guide. Our instructors' critique was that my teeth are way to white. I can certainly see that my teeth are indeed way "too white"!! They almost jump off the page! Ugh! In fact, I think that he might just have a point, I think the whole drawing shows way too much white paper through the pencil. I think it is all about practice, practice, practice and yes, more practice. I have a ways to go on that score!

There was a "life perspectives" coach at the conference and she says that we need to do "NEW" things. So here I am, doing and learning something new and loving it. It is hard work but well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment