Monday, May 23, 2011

Objects are Smaller than they Appear


It makes me chuckle every time I see the caution statement on the side mirror of my car, "Objects are closer than they appear" . In this picture the minnows are smaller than their shadows. I am not a fisher woman, it is my husband who claims that interest but I know we have a "minnow can" somewhere in the garage. Regardless as to the smallness of some of them, I think that the holes would not be large enough to capture some of these bait fish. Not that my hubby is really interested since he is away on his annual fishing trip with the "boys" up north (a four hour trek)


I have been trying to finish off my wedding card for my nieces wedding that is fast approaching. In the meantime, I have decided to get my brushes in some paint and slap it on a blank canvas that I have had hanging on the wall. I had found it at a local charity shop but had to gesso out the horrible picture that had been digitally sprayed on my machine. The canvas is completely square and measures 22" x 22". It will be a simple painting because I don't have the time for something too time consuming and complex but I am just so happy to be mixing pigment and getting paint on my brush! This really satisfies my attention deficient disorder; while I am waiting for the paint to dry on the card project then I get add the next layer to the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment