Monday, July 30, 2012

More Postcards

I found two more postcards photo's...although I still don't have all of them.  Oh well, such is life!  I just received another comment from one of the recipients of the swap and I think that I enjoy getting the comments in my e-mail box as much as receiving the postcards.  Well, I shouldn't go that far, I really do love receiving the mail better!  Now, there is nothing much in the mailbox but boring nasty bills and junk flyers.


As below, I used many of the same elements except that on this piece I added dyed household cheesecloth as an accent. and the paint chip sample were cut into squares and glitter glue added to secure them.


This FUN postcard has the words "highlighted" of You....sparkling!!  I think that anyone involved in this swap would have sparkling creativity and it should be acknowledged!


I was happy to see that these two cards are quite similar, so it would be easy to put them here together.

As you might expect by now....I used:


  • Paper slice from an unwanted book
  • re-used and painted dryer sheet
  • paper punch cut outs from an old magazine
  • sticky glitter paper
  • purchased lacy stamp
  • handmade white erasure stamp from the dollar store - FUN
  • handmade "artist tape" in yellow
  • used for mark making: soda pop bottle cap, the end of a paint brush and hot coffee sleeve
  • sliver of a paint chip sample
  • washi tape purchased from Etsy
Most important of all.....I had FUN!!!!  Summer is all about fun since our summer is so short!

No comments:

Post a Comment