Monday, July 16, 2012

Postcard #4 - Hot, Hot, Hot

Oh my it is just so steamy these days and tomorrow is suppose to be around 29!  Ouch!!

So here is another of my postcards that epitomizes the season!!



I like the square vintage format of the snap above but actually the postcard is much larger so I was forced to take a full sized one too.



I love hot pink and black together.

To make this postcard I used:


  • junk mail card
  • acrylic gesso and paint
  • strip of paper from old unwanted book
  • strip from a colour swatch
  • purchased lace stamp
  • handmade white erasure stamps: HOT and FUN
  • mark making with stuff from around the house - corrugated cardboard hot coffee sleeve
  • hand made "artist" tape using painted and stamped paper bandage tape
  • paper punched cut out out shapes from magazines
  • old bingo sheet
I have circled the words IMAGINE IT!  I think that it is something that we all need to do...imagine it!  Imagine....Hot.....Fun!!!


This too was fun to make!  My cards from the swap have come and I have gotten almost all but I seem to cap off at 8 out of 10 postcards.  

1 comment:

  1. I was the lucky recipient of one of your "hot fun" postcards! Love those bright pinks and the touch of lace (mine had white lace). Thank you so much!
    The swap is so fun - both making and receiving the cards. I can't wait for the next one!
    Jill in Winnipeg (originally from the Hamilton, Ont area)

    ReplyDelete