Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I elf'd myself!!!

I spent a wonderful afternoon yesterday sketching with a friend! I wasn't loving my first page so I started another and drew this Christmas cactus!  I realise now that I seldom draw plants or rather green plants. I have to admit that I'm not fond of the greens in my paintbox so I tried to mix up my own from the blues and yellows.  I thought I was doing a fine job of it at the time but by the time I finished the drawing it was pitch black outside. It would seem that the lighting inside isn't so good for mixing paint. What is up with this "daylight saving" nonsense when sunset is before dinner??!!! I loved how we chatted totally oblivious to the time! Regardless of how I feel about my actual drawing and painting, I have a page that commemorates the afternoon that we spent together! 

I belong to some drawing everyday groups through Facebook and yesterday was ELF yourself day, so I finally got it finished this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment