Monday, January 16, 2017

#365sketch2017


I have been trying to educate myself since what I know about Franklin Carmichael you could write on the head of a pin. 


I was told that the Orillia library has a Carmichael on display so I went there.  I was so delighted to get a seat at the reading area directly across from the painting. I drew and painted this on site. I could fiddle with it but decided to let it go....this is my version of "A Northern Village (1926)! I have to say....this would not be one of my favourites! 


If you Google the name of the painting with the name of the artist you should see an article from the Orillia Packet and Times that says the painting is valued at a cool million ($CDN). There is a picture with it and you will be able to see exactly where I was sitting!


The lighting wasn't so great when I was there,  it was actually much more in shadow but I think I could see what he had intended to show the viewer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment