Saturday, January 7, 2017

No prompt- CONFESSION TIME!!  I thought I would let you know Penny that I have been house bound for a couple of days due to inclement weather.  Today I ventured out to town and headed to the Franklin Carmichael gallery at Orillia Museum of Art and History with the intention to find and see a real life painting by the man himself. Truth be told, what I know about Carmichael you could put on the head of a pin so I have been attempting to educate myself.  As luck would have it, no Carmichael paintings are on display.  Of course, isn't that the way it is these days!!!(?). The curator agreed to let me see what they have in storage with a few hours notice so she can retrieve it for viewing.  Good stuff, I am happy with that. 


I browsed the exhibit and stopped to draw this bust.  Stephen Leacock is a famous Canadian humorist who wrote "Sunshine Sketches of a little Town" [Orillia].  I've never read it myself...I know I should ......oh well.  I got a live sketch in today! I have been to his summer home in town and hope to draw it come spring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment