Thursday, April 13, 2017

This is my fave one from yesterday and I did it on dry paper.  Just swooshed the brush around in the paint and on the page, no plan.  Then I spritzed, wasn't pleased so I smooshed the two pages together. When I opened them back up there was a ton of pooling in the gutter so when I added the glad wrap I picked up some of the painted water and squeezed what I could into the folds of the wrap to move it out. I did each side separately with the wrap and then immediately after soaked up the gutter with a tissue by moving the wrap a bit to gain access. I quite like the results. 

I am in the last signature of my Strathmore MM 500 so I thought I would try the "close the book" technique again! Poured the paint on the page direct from the mixing jar cad yellow light and Phathlo blue green shade.  I saw some pigment on the bottom of the mixing jar and added it too. Much to my dismay I realized that I had done "the nasty" once again and unwittingly contaminated my paint yesterday. Too bad for it....moving on... There is just a hint of purple on the right upper quarter. Spritzed with water to loosen up the pigment even more. Then I closed my book and smooshed my hand over the back (rubbing gently); opened my book up again to see the results.  I used the brush to move some of the paint over to the edges and up the gutter and finally sopped up the gutter with the tissue.  I like it as is so I let it dry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment