Sunday, September 3, 2017

World Beard Day, a Straw Bale and a Pal-o-Mine

I didn't know when I started out this morning that it was #worldbeardday. It just happened that I saw this photo posted on Sktchy and I liked it.  Previously prepared background and drawing done using the water soluble Staedtler "cool roller" and watercolour.  Lots of mistakes made and wasn't able to grab a true likeness but I'm okay with it!  I had fun giving him a go.  My mother use to repeat the old adage often that I have manipulated for this page - "A Bird on your shoulder is better than one in the bush"!! Ha! Ha! In my Moleskine. 



C is for Chocolate Bar-  "Pal-o-mine" with a yummy fudge centre is made in New Brunswick by Ganong.  A friend of mine is from Nova Scotia and couldn't buy them locally in Ontario "back in the day".  If a friend or a family member went east for a holiday she would ask if they could bring her back a case/box of them.  She always shared them with me!  Yum! She certainly was a "Pal-o-Mine"!!!!

Watercolour on Daler Rooney Mixed Media Paper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment