Friday, May 3, 2019

Making sketchbooks

I’m in the process of making some new sketchbooks.  I realized that I needed some reminding on the important matter of paper.  For me, the issue of paper is one of personal preference and of course economics.  I went into the storage room and pulled out some Fabriano Artistico 140lb 100% cotton and a sheet of Canson Heritage 140lb 100% cotton paper.  Normally I like my cheaper paper for “every day” but I have the paper so I might as well just use it. 


Usually I don’t worry about the grain of the paper with the Strathmore Aquarius II paper I normally use because it isn’t cotton.   In addition, the surface on the front and back are pretty much the same.  I needed to remind myself of these differences with this page.






No comments:

Post a Comment