Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The Bird

Further work from Sketchbook Revival, this time withI Iris Fritschi-Cussens.  I have to thank her for the chance to throw paint on the page and see what happens.  I don’t often play with acrylic paint so I used it as a opportunity to again explore this medium. I am saddened by the catastrophic events that are happening here in Ontario (Canada). The horrible flooding that is wiping out people’s homes and businesses north and east of us. It rained and rained here today so our sump pump is working overtime- every 3 minutes like clockwork!  I’m stressing and I have my ear out to make sure it is still doing its job. So far we are still dry and the furnace is still working.


That is how I started my three page spread - black gesso, then there was too much black so I added white gesso before I applied some paint.  I added Payne’s Grey,  Quin Gold, Burnt Sienna and Anthraquinone Blue.  I saw some birds on the page so I drew and painted my subject and collaged him down.  The lyrics were the final touch. I’m happy with my results.  






No comments:

Post a Comment