Saturday, May 18, 2019

Two Seagulls



Here is #3 of my envelope/mail art series. This one is courtesy of the Sktchy app.  I’ve always wondered what birds might say to each other if they could and was happy that I found these seagulls.  I drew and painted the envelope face but left it for a bit until I could dream up a story for the text. In some ways, I think this actually happens to humans: sometimes we just don’t know when we have it so good.  Then surprise.....stuff happens!

I used the new acrylic gouache by Liquitex.  I don’t have a wide range of colours so I supplemented what I have with other acrylic paints.  I love matte paint and the fact that it dries quickly. I just added the paints to the white for a pale colour and black to the sienna colour to darken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment